Code of Conduct
Player Code of Conduct
- Play to win but play fair.
- Never argue with or verbally abuse an official; observe the Laws of the Game.
- Accept defeat with dignity.
- Conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner and respect fellow players, coaches,
- managers and referees and the achievement of opponents.
- Not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with their coach, manager, teammates and opponents.
Coach Code of Conduct
- Observe the Laws of the Game and conduct themselves in a sportsman-like manner with opposing teams and parents and children alike
- Ensure player centric development
- Ensure players all have a fair and consistent amount of play
Parent / Guardian Code of Conduct
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not the parents.
- Encourage children to participate and not force them.
- Focus on the child’s efforts and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children always to compete according to the rules and to settle
- disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Remember that children learn best by example.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for coaches, officials and administrators.
As part of our commitment to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all at Manurewa AFC we would like to encourage that parents, players and spectators of our club are familiar with our Club Code of Conduct as well as the New Zealand Football Code of Conduct.
Please have a read so that we all understand our responsibilities in ensuring we provide a safe environment for all.