What happens after you register
It takes time for everyone to register so please be patient.
- Trials are held for the top two teams of each grade. If you wish to play in one of our top teams or you are new to our club, please come to trials.
- Trials are usually held over two nights to be advised by the club once registration is completed.
- From grading trials, the players will be grouped into teams.
- Dates for trials will be notified via our Website or Facebook pages.
- If you wish to play in the same team that you were in last year, please let us know when you register. We can’t guarantee this, but we will do our best to meet every request.
- Once registration is complete, coaches will be notified which players are in their team and it is the coach that will contact you.
- Each team requires a Coach and preferably also a Manager who can liaise with the team and Club.
- Some teams from the previous year will already have coaches/managers but there are times when we may have to ask for parent’s help. The Club can help those coaches that need guidance.
What do I get for my money?
- Manurewa AFC will provide each junior and youth player with a playing strip which includes a shirt and shorts which will be handed out by Coach/Manager and MUST BE RETURNED at the end of the season.
- Manurewa AFC will provide each coach with team balls and training gear for use during the season.
- A portion of your fees goes towards the running of the club, maintaining uniforms, equipment, prizegiving etc.
- The remainder is paid to NZ Football and Auckland Football Federation who are our Governing Bodies.
What do I need to buy?
- Football Boots.
- Manurewa AFC Socks (Socks must be purchased through the club)
- Shin-pads - these MUST be worn by all players and socks must cover the shin-pads.
When and where do I train?
- Players will be contacted by their coach once team selection is complete.
- Coaches should liaise with their team to arrange a mutually acceptable training schedule. Most teams train twice a week with most teams training at Memorial Park.
Where do we play?
- All games are played within the Auckland area and usually rotate between home and away games.
What day and times are my games?
- Most games are on a Saturday with the younger grades 11th -13th usually morning games 9am to 11am with the older grades in the afternoon.
- Metro divisions play on Sunday.
- Fixtures can be found on the Auckland Football Federation Website:
When does the season start and finish?
- The first games are around the beginning of April and the last end of August.
- We usually do not have games in the middle weekend of the school holidays.
What happens at the end of the Season?
- All uniform and equipment are to be washed and returned to your coach.
- All team gear and uniform will be returned by the coach to the Committee as instructed.
- Prizegiving is usually held a few weeks after the end of the season. This gives us time to collate results and organise trophies etc.